Are you a future physician looking to make change? To better understand timely issues and topics that will impact your role as a tomorrow’s physician — as a healer, leader and champion of equity?
Then you’ve come to the right place. Welcome in.
AMSA’s Scholars Programs exist to fill in gaps in medical education by nimbly and quickly responding to today’s issues — and offering:
- deep learning from experts on focused topics such as Health Justice, Transgender Health, Reproductive Health; Racism in Medicine — to name a few;
- hands-on advocacy training on ways you can influence change;
- experiential and didactic educational opportunities; and
- ways to sharpen your research and presentation skills through our (very popular) poster session held at our annual convention — Future Physicians for Change — in the spring.
Browse our current scholars programs below, tailored to best prepare you to become an inspired, informed and equipped physician — a champion of a more equitable realm of medicine.
- Registration is limited to two programs per student, per semester. If you sign up for more than two programs, you will be placed on the waitlist for subsequent registrations.
- Fees: $25 for members // $75 for non members