It’s a challenging time for medical students returning to schools right now, no question. But also a time of renewed energy and drive — we are more motivated than ever to learn, make change and help save lives.
AMSA is uniquely positioned to help — particularly right now. This is why AMSA’s presence at fall fairs is so important. By making students aware of AMSA on your campus, you’re offering them a current they can plug their lights into — a power-source of inspiration, support and community.
How do you “fall-fair”? Here’s a few tips and resources to get you going.
- Contact your Dean of Student Affairs (or Associate Dean or Director). Their information is usually listed in a school directory or website. Ask them if there is a fall fair, or some kind of event where student organizations connect with students. Most schools have these.
- Ask them how AMSA can secure a ‘booth’ or space (virtual or IRL) at the event.
- Be your awesome AMSA-influencer self at the fair. We’ve got you all set, too, here’s a set of resources tailor-made for this. (And if you don’t see what you need, let us know. We’d like to help.)
- Grab email addresses. As prospects come through and converse with you, be sure to capture their email addresses for following up. Collect them yourself or you can easily create a free google form to do this electronically on-the-fly.
- Have them visit the join/renew page. Either in person during the fair or as a follow-up to # 4, send students to the join/renew page. Boom! Your chapter just got that much stronger, inspired and ready to make change.