Medical Education Team
Who We Are
“Doctor,” comes from the Latin docere, meaning “to teach.” The mission of the Medical Education Team at AMSA is multipronged. From a patient perspective, we aim ensure that undergraduate and graduate medical education is sensitive and responsive to the evolving health care needs of diverse international communities. From a provider perspective, we aim to increase accessibility to medical training for traditionally underrepresented segments of our society whilst advocating for a reduction in the financial burden that education places on burgeoning physicians. Overall, we strive to equip our members with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be active participants in shaping an educational environment that best prepares physicians to enter the dynamic health care arena and ultimately make a substantive difference in the lives of their patients.
- Diversity and Inclusion in Medical Education: Learn about privilege, power, and difference and how pipeline programs for underrepresented physicians can be successful and mindful of their communities.
- Curriculum Reform Initiative: Advocate for improving your education by becoming an activist in your own institution and working with your Curriculum Committees to shape and improve your learning.
- Financing Medical Education: From student loan reform to increased funding for more residency positions, engage in making sure our communities have enough physicians to care for them.
- AWARE—A Week of Addiction and Recovery Education: Our collaborative programming with AMSA Community and Public Health Action Committee, work to foster compassion for substance abuse and mental health issues and reduce stigma in both the profession and public at large.
- Hidden Medical Histories: Volunteer to author awareness-promoting bite-sized tweets and instagram posts that highlight the historical context surrounding medical discoveries and coincide with the timing of the national health observance calendar.
Connect With Us
- Connect with AMSA National on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
- Stay up-to-date with our latest actions and events – sign up for our ListServ!
- Meet our current National Leaders!
Medical Reference, Board Examination, and Residency Sites
- Fellowship & Residency Electronic Interactive Database
- Merck / The Merck Manual
Articles & Publications on Medical Education
- Academic Medicine
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- National Institute of Health National Library of Medicine
- National Institute of Health
Medical Organizations & Societies