AMSA Scholars Programs
Registration for the 2017—2018 Scholars Programs has closed. Peruse the links below to view course syllabi and descriptions, and don’t forget to register next fall!
Peruse the topic areas below, take a look at the associated syllabi, and select the best program for you. Scholars Programs give you the opportunity to more deeply study many topics not fully addressed in the traditional medical school curriculum. You’ll also have the chance to:
- Hear from subject matter experts and ask them your own questions
- Create projects in your school or community to make positive change
- Establish connections with other students across the country
- Participate in a longitudinal, online program that demonstrates scholarship
- Gain knowledge that sets you apart from other medical students.
Starting in October, the following programs will begin:
- Advocacy Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Global Health Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Health Care for All Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Integrative Medicine Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Medical Humanities Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Pre-medical Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Public Health Scholars Program—Registration Closed
- Sexual Health Leadership Course—Registration Closed
Each course is a community of interested physicians-in-training, engaged to learn more about a specific topic. The courses are facilitated by two or three dedicated AMSA members who serve as the Course Directors. These Course Directors organize a curriculum and select invite experts in their respective fields to come and expand your understanding of the topic. The courses range in size from 10 to 60 participants. The Course Directors facilitate between 8 and 20 sessions between the months of October and March. The sessions are structured around presentations, readings and discussions. At the end of their experience, participants develop a project utilizing the knowledge gained from the course. The projects are an application of their new skills and knowledge, as well as a professional development opportunity in the participant’s school or community. Throughout the experience, participants gain valuable mentorship from their Course Directors and partner organizations to enhance their projects.
|AMSA Student Member||$25|
* Non-member fee includes AMSA membership, if applicable
Registration deadlines can be found on each program webpage.
AMSA programs/events have a no refund policy. If you would like to transfer your registration to another person to attend this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations are not transferable to another event.
Waiver of Liability
Each individual attending and/or participating in this program/event assumes all risks associated with his/her attendance and participation in all on- and off -site activities that occur during this time. By registering you agree to indemnify and hold harmless AMSA, and its governing bodies, officers and employees from all loss, damage or liability arising out of or related to your attendance and/or participation at this program/event.
Photograph, Video, Audio Release
AMSA has official photographers/videographers for their programs/events. Photo/video/audio taken may be used in future marketing, publicity, promotions, advertising and training activities for AMSA. By registering for this event, you agree to allow AMSA to use the photographs/video/audio – which may include you – in all media formats world wide.
By registering for this program/event, you acknowledge that your email address may be included on attendee lists made available to AMSA’s exhibitors and sponsors for this event. You will only receive email regarding this event and only during the time-frame leading up to and immediately after the event.