Starting your AMSA chapter is important as it allows your chapter and individual chapter members official recognition by AMSA, member discount benefits and more.
1. Get at least 5 AMSA members
- This is important so make sure your members have joined before your application is reviewed.
2. Submit an application and a copy of your Constitution & Bylaws.
- Fill out the application and upload a copy of your Constitution & Bylaws to the application before submitting.
- For your convenience, we have provided a copy of sample Constitution & Bylaws for quick and easy modification:
3. Pass a chartering resolution.
- If your application is incomplete, you will be notified via email to provide any additional requirements.
- Completed resolutions are edited by AMSA’s Vice President for Internal Affairs and Secretary and then presented to the Board of Trustees. The Board votes and presto! your AMSA chapter is chartered. You will be notified via email.
What Happens Next?
Although your charter application is pending until approved by the Board of Trustees, get started now! Feel free to begin chapter activities and recruitment. Take a look at all our online resources for running a successful chapter and feel free to contact us for support, materials, or advice.
Interested in sharing this with your fellow future chapter leaders? Download this Charter a Chapter presentation.