Take a stand for health!
Advocacy is at the core of AMSA’s mission. We have a proud history of activism and organizing that reaches back to our creation as an organization. We believe that physicians can and should be drivers of social change and here you’ll find the opportunities and resources to develop the leadership and advocacy skills needed to get there.
- Just Medicine Campaign (formerly PharmFree) – The Just Medicine Campaign is one of AMSA’s largest and most well-known initiatives countrywide and promotes evidence-based prescribing, pharmaceutical innovation and access to medicines.
- Health Care For All Campaign – President Obama declared health care reform one of his chief domestic priorities as President. AMSA will keep you informed and active during one of the biggest revolutions of our generation.
- AIDS Advocacy Network – HIV/AIDS is the epidemic of our time and AMSA has worked for years on advocacy and awareness — join us as we observe World AIDS Day. We provide you everything you need to learn more and get involved.
- Committee and Interest Group Engagement – AMSA’s committees represent areas the association feels all medical students should value as vital in becoming a socially responsible physician/healer. We invite you to get involved nationally or locally.
- AMSA’s Aspirations – AMSA is dedicated to allocating time, energy and resources toward focusing the activism of its membership within these areas.