Catalysts for Change. Champions of Community.
Chapter Officers serve as AMSA ambassadors on medical school campuses all across the country and globe — helping connect students with all the opportunities AMSA has to offer. They are believers in our collective voice — the power that we can bring as future physicians to impact change. They’re the ones forging plans to improve health care in their local communities; and the ones who lead their members to join the mighty chorus of AMSA on issues on a national scale.
Chapter Officers are a critical part of our Membership Leaders network — working alongside national Membership Directors and our Trustees to usher positive change in health care. Chapter Officers work to:
- Architect the Chapter
- ID chapter direction: interest areas, passions.
- Join relevant AMSA action committees, campaigns or initiatives
- Forge plan for local projects + outreach
- Engage + Grow the Chapter
- Serve as AMSA influencer – a campus leader + information source for students
- Ensure visibility on campus thru listings, school fairs or info sessions
- Hold short monthly chapter meetings (virtual or IRL) to give members a chance to hear about all that’s happening at AMSA National + to connect
- Serve as Conduit to National
- Report on successes, challenges, wins on your chapter to your Membership Director
- ID if your chapter may be a good fit for an Institutional Partnership
- Pass the Baton
- Recruit next year’s CO and bring them to AMSACon to get jacked in!