To be considered for the national award – submissions must be received by December 3, 2017, 11:59 pm Eastern.
Highlighting excellence in education at the chapter level
Since 1996, the Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence has highlighted medical school professors that are committed to the advancement or improvement in medical education. AMSA members are urged to nominate a chapter educator that deserves notoriety for their contributions to field of academic medicine or that has made a significant impact on their personal academic career.
- Any medical school professor who has made a significant impact on medical students’ education.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations for the National Golden Apple Award are accepted year-round.
- Any AMSA medical student members can submit nominations through the online nominations form.
- You may nominate more than one physician and/or educator.
- Any nominations received from April 1, 2017, – January 1, 2018, will be considered for the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence.
- The selection committee for the National award will be comprised of the AMSA National President, AMSA Vice-President of Leadership Development, AMSA Fellow and AMSA Staff.
Presentation & Award
- Award will be presented at the 2018 AMSA National Convention on Saturday, March 10.
- Award recipient will receive one complimentary registration to the AMSA Convention & Exposition.
- Award recipient will receive a two-night complimentary hotel stay at the convention hotel and a $100 travel allowance.
- Award recipient will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and Facebook page.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org