What’s more important than matching into the right residency program?
That’s why AMSA is proud to present AMP: the Applied Match Preparation (AMP) program that will help you:
- Examine your strengths and challenge areas
- Prepare the perfect personal statement that reflects your goals
- Get your interview skills where they need to be …to get you where you want to go.
Even the most seasoned professional can struggle describing themselves, on paper or in person. AMP offers tools to help you craft your approach.
- Take AMSA’s customized, scientifically validated psychometric assessment so you can clearly understand your strengths. Sharing objective information with program directors means you will demonstrate confidence – not arrogance.
- Work with coaches on your personal statement, no matter what stage you’ve reached with the document. If it’s complete, get it polished. If you haven’t even started, AMP coaches can help get you in the right frame of mind and provide relevant prompts.
- Practice interviewing with industry experts who have worked with physicians across the country. Get feedback on delivery, style, and content, so you know how you’re being perceived.
Check out what AMP can do for you:
Please note: AMSA AMP is currently offered to AMSA members.
Not a member? Join today!
Questions? Read the FAQ
Read what AMP participants had to say:
“I was asked a lot more questions for this one, as I thought I would be. They asked me many we had prepared for (in the interview coaching session) … so I’m glad that I was prepared!”
“Just your organizational changes have made such a difference (in my personal statement) … you have helped so much and I appreciate the extra work that you have done.”
“AMSA’s self-assessment tool anchors you … to cultivate the skills of self-awareness, introspection, and reflection that make physician leaders successful.”