What’s more important than matching into the right residency program?
That’s why AMSA is proud to present the Applied Match Preparation (AMP) program that will help you examine your strengths and challenge areas; prepare the perfect personal statement that reflects your goals; get your interview skills where they need to be …to get you where you want to go.
Check out what AMP can do for you:
Please note: AMSA AMP is currently offered to AMSA members.
Not a member? Join today!
Even the most seasoned professional can struggle describing themselves, on paper or in person. AMP offers tools to help you craft your approach.
- Take AMSA’s customized, scientifically validated psychometric assessment so you can clearly understand your strengths. Sharing objective information with program directors means you will demonstrate confidence – not arrogance.
- Work with coaches on your personal statement, no matter what stage you’ve reached with the document. If it’s complete, get it polished. If you haven’t even started, AMP coaches can help get you in the right frame of mind and provide relevant prompts.
- Practice interviewing with industry experts who have worked with physicians across the country. Get feedback on delivery, style, and content, so you know how you’re being perceived.
- One candidate was asked what was in the trunk of her car. Another had no hardball questions and couldn’t believe how well things went. There’s no way to know what situation will present itself, but there are ways to prepare so you can keep cool. Take AMSA’s interview preparedness quiz to learn how well your instincts will help during this critical phase of your training journey!
- Take AMSA’s free Self-Assessment: How Ready Are You for the Match? This Self-Assessment offers insight on pinpointing potential areas of improvement and recognizing strengths when it comes to being ready for the Match.
Read what AMP participants had to say:
“I was asked a lot more questions for this one, as I thought I would be. They asked me many we had prepared for (in the interview coaching session) … so I’m glad that I was prepared!”
“Just your organizational changes have made such a difference (in my personal statement) … you have helped so much and I appreciate the extra work that you have done.”
“AMSA’s self-assessment tool anchors you … to cultivate the skills of self-awareness, introspection, and reflection that make physician leaders successful.”
“I ended up matching into my top choice family medicine program. During all of my interviews everyone was excited to meet me because of my unique personal statement.”
Questions? Read the FAQ