Health Care for All Campaign
Quality, Affordable Health Care for All
AMSA believes that everyone should have access to quality, affordable health care, and that access to comprehensive health services must be recognized and protected as a basic human right, and supports a publicly and progressively financed, privately delivered federal single payer system of high quality, affordable health care for all persons. In its absence, we support health care reform that expands comprehensive coverage and access for all persons living in the United States.
Happy Anniversary Medicare & Medicaid!
July 30 is the anniversary of the passage of Medicare & Medicaid – key health care safety net programs, along with the Affordable Care Act, in our country. AMSA invites you to join us in action to protect and expand these vital programs!
Watch our video “Maximizing Medicaid Expansion” with Jesse Cross-Call, Senior Policy Analyst at the Center on Budget & Policy Priorities.
Find resources to protect and expand Medicaid in your state in our 2020 Medicaid Expansion Toolkit
TAKE ACTION TODAY! Call Congress to Protect Medicaid & Medicare – Tips When Calling Congress
AMSA Supports Medicare for All Legislation - Find Tools & Resources Below
Take Action & Support Medicare for All
- AMSA 2020 Health Care for All Week of Action
Watch New Video – Medicare for All: Winning Hundreds of City & County Council Resolutions in Support of Medicare for All with Melinda St. Louis, Public Citizen Medicare for All Campaign Director
- Medicare for All: What is it? – AMSA Facebook Live with Melinda St. Louis, Public Citizen Medicare for All Campaign Director
- The Case for Medicare-for-All – Analysis from Public Citizen
- Future Physicians Endorse Medicare for All – AMSA Press Release
- Download AMSA’s Health Care Week of Action – April 2019 – Tool & Resources to Support Medicare for All
- AMSA President Joins Call for Medicare for All at Introduction of Senate Bill with Senator Bernie Sanders – Watch comments from Perry Tsai, MD, PhD, 2018-2019 AMSA President
- Call on Congress to Support Medicare for All
- Join medical students’ call on Congress to protect patients, providers & taxpayers from health care profiteers—Sign & Share AMSA’s Support Medicare for All Petition.
- Call your Congress members at (202) 224-3121–download Call Tip Sheet
- Find both your U.S. Senators and your U.S. House Representative at CongressLookUp.com
- Tweet, Facebook, and email Your U.S. Congress members via TweetCongress.org