Your P&E Action Committee national leaders are here to be your resources for education and advocacy, helping to support you in your path to become a well-rounded physician. Feel free to contact us by email at any time. Below, you will find resources and our formal goals.
AMSA’s Professionalism & Ethics Action Committee aims to improve the physician-in-training experience by:
- Supporting professional advancement of future physicians,
- Promoting a supportive patient environment,
- Determining and addressing unmet patient needs to improve patient safety and quality of care,
- Stimulating intellectual and analytical discussion among students regarding biomedical ethics.
We aim improve the quality of medical care by promoting patient-centered over physician-centered care.
Stay up to date with the latest in Professionalism & Ethics action committee events: sign up for our committee listserv!
Join the discussion:
- Executive Summary – To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System, National Academy of Sciences
- Safe Patients, Smart Hospitals: How One Doctor’s Checklist Can Help Us Change Health Care from the Inside Out by Peter Pronovost, MD, PhD
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right by Atul Gawande
- Epidemiology of medical error, BMJ
- Patient Safety: helping medical students understand error in healthcare, QSHC
- The patient–physician interaction as a meeting of experts: one solution to the problem of patient non-adherence: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jep.12561/abstract
- Development and Implementation of Expected Practices to Reduce Inappropriate Variations in Clinical Practice: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleID=2524199