Professional Development Action Committee
The Professional Development (PD) Action Committee is responsible for the professional development of AMSA members and leaders in their skill areas of education, advocacy, and training. The PD team is also responsible for the organizational support of AMSA’s education efforts, advocacy efforts, and trainee development.
AMSA’s Professional Development Action Committee’s goals are to:
- Promote overall mental and physical well-being of medical students and physicians by advocating for preventing physician suicide, depression and burnout.
- Promote education and training for the professional development of AMSA leaders and members by creating a roadmap to residency via resources in residency selection, interview skills, USMLE Step 1 and 2, and interview testimonials.
- Enhance leadership, communication, networking, and advocacy skills among AMSA leaders and members.
Free resource: Webinar with online counseling and therapy partner BetterHelp on Stress Management Techniques
- A counselor from BetterHelp joined the Professional Development Action Committee team to discuss inside tips and strategies to beat physician burnout and identify how and when to ask for help early.
- Learn more about BetterHelp’s partnership and discounts available to AMSA members only.
- Let’s beat the stigma and spread awareness!