- Board of Trustees Leadership Positions
- Regional Director Positions (Medical, Premedical, International)
- Action Committee & Team Chair Positions
- Action Committee & Team Coordinator Positions
- IFMSA Advisory Council Positions
Application Deadlines & Electoral Procedures
All elected national leaders are expected and fully funded to attend AMSA’s Building on Foundations National Leadership Meeting (May 18-21, 2017) at AMSA Headquarters in Sterling, VA.
AMSA’s Annual Convention offers each member the chance to become more involved in the organization. Unlike any other medical student organization, AMSA is run entirely by physicians-in-training.
AMSA depends on dedicated student leaders to devote their extracurricular time and energy on their responsibilities as national leaders. Each leadership position varies greatly with respect to responsibility, time commitment and previous experience required. However, each requires a good working knowledge of our organization, dedication and excitement for AMSA.
The following briefly describe the positions available, as well as the election and application process for each position. Candidates should review our website to gain a working knowledge of our organization and should also feel free to contact the person who currently holds the position in which you are interested for more information. AMSA is your organization and we encourage you to be involved at whatever level is best for you.
Applicants are required to download and complete several forms with each application. Each required document is provided by url link on the online form provided on each position’s webpage. All required documents must be uploaded on the online form at the bottom. Please reach each position’s requirements carefully.
Candidates for national office are encouraged to submit application materials by the following deadlines for the 2017-2018 leadership year:
JANUARY 25, 2017
- Board of Trustees Priority Deadline applications for President Elect, Vice President for Membership (VPM), Vice President for Leadership Development (VPLD) and Vice President for Program Development (VPPD) are due by 11:59 PM PST. Per the 2016 CBIA, Section IB (2) says: Candidates for President-Elect, Vice President for Membership, Vice President for Leadership Development, and Vice President for Program Development offices shall have had prior AMSA leadership experience as either a national Trustee or Officer. In the event that less than two candidates with this experience requirement have declared their candidacy 30 days prior to election, the candidacies of medical student members without this prior experience shall be accepted. Candidates for all positions on the Board of Trustees shall be required to declare candidacy seven (7) days prior to elections. No candidates for these positions shall be permitted to run from the floor. National leaders may still submit application materials for President Elect, VPM, VPPD and VPLD after January 25, 2017, but not to the exclusion of medical members without leadership experience.
FEBRUARY 17, 2017
- Board of Trustees applications are due by 11:59 PM PST and should be submitted to email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
- Medical Regional Director, International Regional Director and Premedical Regional Director applications are due by 11:59 PM PST. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
- Action Committee and Team (ACT Exec) Chair applications are due by 11:59 PM PST. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
MARCH 6, 2017
- Action Committee and Team Coordinator applications are due by 11:59 PM PST. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
Leadership positions & deadlines may be subject to change.