Membership Director Position Description
Membership Directors are one of the most critical roles at AMSA — serving strategic conductors; channeling opportunities for activism, learning and networking from AMSA National to our chapters across the globe.
This position summons natural collaborators — those who enjoy connecting like-minded people together, pairing them with ideas, action committees and programs that they feel strongly about. These are organizers, problem-solvers and overseers of chapters and chapter officers, helping our chapter-satellites activate on change. They serve to:
- Nurture, mentor and grow chapters.
- Inspire, guide and mentor a segment of Chapter Officers (COs)
- Craft work plans, a strategy for their chapters to grow and evolve
- Oversee progress of their chapters in ongoing fashion, offer direction, ideas to meet goals.
- Match chapters w. relevant opportunities
- Collaborate with National Leaders + staff to funnel timely opportunities to Chapters/COs
- Help identify interest areas for each chapter + pair them with right Action Committee, program, campaign, etc.
- Collaborate closely with AMSA National Trustees
- Funnel chapter news, successes, ideas and challenges to Trustees
- Report on strategic work plans and initiatives
Benefits to you
- CV Recognition as a leader of a recognized, global association
- Rewards for reaching goals
- Opportunities to network with AMSA’s community of experts, influencers and alumni
- The ability to impact change in health care as critical part of our collective, AMSA force.
Two (2) Membership Directors will be elected for each student membership class: Domestic Medical, International Medical and Premedical. Classification will be determined by your current level of education and training.
- Domestic Medical: 2 Directors (MMD)
- International Medical: 2 Directors (IMD)
- Premedical : 2 Directors (PMD)
Qualifications and Requirements for Candidates for MD positions (as proposed for amendment in AMSA’s Internal Affairs, Section 1.C):
Medical Membership Directors, International Trustee, International Medical Membership Directors, Premedical Trustee, Premedical Membership Directors
- Medical Membership Directors must be medical student members of the Association and two Membership Directors shall be elected by the medical member constituency.
- The International Trustee and International Membership Directors must be international members of the Association. The International Trustee shall be elected by the House of Delegates. Two International Membership Directors shall be elected by the Association’s international constituency.
- The Premedical Trustee and two Premedical Membership Directors must be premedical members of the Association and shall be elected by the Association’s premedical constituency.