AMSA members receive a $500 bonus when refinancing with Laurel Road!
Did you know that you can refinance a student loan just like a mortgage? Laurel Road, a Division of Darien Rowayton Bank, specializes in providing low rate loan refinancing to young physicians. For the first time ever, medical students can now qualify for these low rates, as soon as you’ve matched to a residency program. The best part is, you only have to pay $100/month all through training (residency & fellowship)!
- Both Federal and Private Loans are eligible
- No maximum loan balance; $5,000 minimum
- Loans are fully dischargeable at death or permanent disability
- Up to 12 months of Economic Hardship Forbearance available
- $100 monthly payments all through residency, fellowship, plus your first 6 months in practice
- Begin on standard repayment term (ranging from 5 to 20 years) once you’re an attending
- The average med school grad owing $220,000, stands to save over $50,000 in interest accrual
- Free to apply, with no origination fees or prepayment penalties