Congratulations! Welcome to the AMSA leadership family. Being a chapter officer is one of the hardest jobs in AMSA, but it is also one of the most rewarding and most FUN! As a chapter officer, you are put in an amazing position to influence people at your school and in your community. Hopefully you recognize the tremendous potential that lies in you. Right now you might be asking yourself, how am I going to juggle this and my school? What do I do first? How do I get started? How do I work with National AMSA? Where is National AMSA? Catecholamines are released. Your forehead beads with sweat. WHAT DO I DO?! You Take it to the Next Level!
We realize that the job of a Chapter Officer can initially be a daunting one, but there are plenty of people to help you along the way. These online resources are intended to aid you in your new job by giving you contacts and a variety of information that will make your job a lot easier. With a little help from AMSA and some hard work on your part, your chapter will have a fun and successful year. Please do not hesitate to contact your trustees, committees or national leaders to ask questions, brainstorm and be guided in finding AMSA resources.
We’d love to join you and your chapter at your next event to talk about AMSA, upcoming events, or national initiatives. If we’re in town, we’ll swing on by. If not, we’ll join you virtually.
REQUEST A VIRTUAL VISIT
Let’s Get Started
Chapter Officer Tools & Resources
- Chapter Officer Guide
- Member Benefits
- AMSA National Leadership
- AMSA Advantage Card (.pdf)
- AMSA Mission & Priorities (.pdf)
- AMSA Logo Meaning & Guidelines
- AMSA Store
- Request a Virtual Visit from AMSA at Your Next Event
- Request a Chapter Member Roster
- Chapter Officer Checklist
- Starting a Successful Chapter
- Recruitment Talking Points
- Member Benefits
- Want to Start a Chapter?
Awards for Your Chapter
The Chapter Success Paul R. Wright Award recognizes chapter commitment to building strength in numbers by increasing awareness and chapter involvement through inventive recruitment endeavors. Nominations for the award open in the fall, so begin documenting your activities now. Winning chapters receive convention registration waivers!
The AMSA Golden Apple Award recognizes a professor at your school that goes above and beyond for their students. Submit your professor today for a local award and they will automatically be entered to win the annual national award as well!
Conferences & Leadership Training – Be There!
It is imperative that a chapter representative attend both conferences during the year. They provide outstanding growth and networking opportunities, but also essential leadership training you’ll need as an AMSA officer.
Leadership Webinar Training
- Your AMSA Narrative (45 min): Craft your own personal AMSA story to share when talking with friends, family and colleagues. Valuable tool during recruitment season!
- Your Toolkit (45 min): Resources for a successful recruitment year with creative programming activities.
- Chapter Development. Better, Faster, Stronger! (45 min) How to engage members in activities and leadership positions. Chapter development ups & downs.