Our education imparts the knowledge, attitudes, and skills that we will use as physicians, and determines the extent to which we will be able to meet the needs of our patients and the healthcare system at large.
Our Action Committee’s mission is to oversee and enhance AMSA educational programming through sharing of quality improvement resources and systematic evaluation tools in order to develop quality and effective programs for AMSA members, and to use these programs as tools to advocate for medical curricular reform that serves to improve patient care.
Join us in transforming the medical profession from the inside!
- Scholars Programs Support – Our team supports, evaluates, and ensures quality delivery of the many diverse and exciting AMSA Scholars Programs. To get involved, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evaluation Initiative – Our evaluation initiative aims to strengthen AMSA educational programming through enhanced evaluation and training. More details will be posted soon. To get involved, e-mail email@example.com
- Medical Education Improvement Initiative – Much of AMSA educational programming exists in order to fill gaps in key key topic areas currently lacking in most medical curricula. Through demonstrating quality, effectiveness, and value of our programming, and sharing these findings with other schools and programs, we aim to advance the richness and relevance of medical curricula worldwide. To get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Education & Curricular Reform Projects-in-a-Box
- Elementary School Nutrition Education: A Teaching Curriculum(PDF)
From the AMSA chapter at the University of Pennsylvania. Provides detailed plans for 13 lessons medical students can present in their communities’ elementary schools. 1996
- Promoting Healthy Behaviors: Linking Student Health to Prevention
Articles & Publications on Medical Education
Medical Organizations & Societies
- American Association of Medical Colleges
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- National Residency Match Program
- Council on Graduate Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Educ
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine
Medical Education Policies
AMSA policies on medical education:
- Curriculum Design & Content
- Medical School Mission Statements
- Graduate Medical Education & Specialty Distribution
- Financing of Medical Education
- Learn More
Connect With Us!
We’ve got our own Facebook page! Connect directly with the Medical Education Action Committee and help us spread the word. Give us a like!