Join AMSA Today!
Engage in your medical student community and make a difference in medicine, your community and your own life through AMSA.
As the only national independent student-run medical organization working for medical students, the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) is the premier source of learning, knowledge and community for physicians-in-training. With over 30,000 members, AMSA provides education and leadership training, resources, ideas and a voice for medical students to enhance the power and performance of the medical profession. As a member of AMSA, you will be part of the AMSA community working to:
- Advance the health care and healthcare delivery to all people
- Promote active improvement in medical education
- Enhance the social, moral and ethical obligations of the profession of medicine
- Improve and increase the understanding of world health problems
- Contribute to the welfare of medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and post-MD/DO trainees
- Advance the profession of medicine
AMSA members are medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and practicing physicians. By joining AMSA, you enhance the power of the community, enabling AMSA to have a greater impact within society as the organization works to improve the well-being of physicians-in-training, protect the integrity of the medical profession, and advance the health of patients. Explore AMSA, engage with peers and the community and thus, make a difference in medicine, your community and your own life.
AMSA offers its members unprecedented value and benefits, including leadership training, information and resources. community service opportunities, and much more. Check-out our AMSA member benefits.
Join as a new member or continue your membership by joining at the next member level.
* Terms differ between membership types. A one-time $50 fee is applied to memberships with an international address. AMSA member dues are non-refundable and subject to change.