Convention Venue, Hotel & Travel
Convention Venue & Hotel
This year, all convention programming will be held at the official convention hotel:
Hyatt Regency Crystal City
2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA 22202
Learn More About the Hotel
AMSA has negotiated a special rate at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City for your convenience. There is limited availability under this special rate so make sure to book early. Once this block of rooms is sold out, rooms may sell for a higher rate regardless if it’s prior to the deadline.
Deadline Date for AMSA Rate: February 11, 2015
Single/Double Occupancy: $149 per night (+ tax)
Triple/Quadruple Occupancy: $159 per night (+ tax)
Tax is currently 13% but subject to change.
Make your reservation now!
Phone: 703-418-1234. Make sure to reference “AMSA – American Medical Student Association” when making your reservation in order to receive these rates and remember to specify the type of room you will need (2 double beds vs. king bed) at this time.
Book early! Sleeping rooms in Washington, DC tend to fill up quickly in March as this is the beginning of their tourist and event season. Reserve your hotel room now!
Room & Ride Share
Looking for someone to split gas and/or hotel costs with? Check out the AMSA Annual Convention 2015 Room & Ride Share Google Group.
- Browse topics from other attendees looking for potential roommates or passengers
- Driving to Convention? Post a topic and find some passengers to split gas costs!
URGENT: Hotel Fraud Warning
It has come to our attention that AMSA participants are being solicited by companies (such as National Travel Associates) that are claiming to offer lower hotel rates at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City during the 65th Annual AMSA Convention & Exposition, Feb. 26-March 1, 2015.
These companies are not affiliated with AMSA or the hotel and we have reason to believe they are phishing companies. Therefore, if you receive a call and/or email from any company soliciting your hotel reservations, please be aware that they are not in any way working on behalf of AMSA or the hotel. In addition, I would caution you about sharing your personal and financial information with any of these companies. Most times when deals seem too good to be true they usually are.
AMSA is currently receiving the lowest rate for the hotel and you can be assured that by reserving your hotel rooms directly through the Hyatt Regency Crystal City online or by phone at (703) 418-1234, you will receive the lowest rate. You must mention you are with AMSA in order to be included in the room block and take advantage of our discounted rates. We expect the room block to sell out so please don't wait to make your reservations.
The Hyatt Regency Crystal City and the AMSA National Office are unable to match you with roommates. Please check with fellow student attendees at your chapter.
Airports & Travel Options
Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) - (2 miles from hotel)
Other nearby airports include:
For discounted fare, we suggest using one of our supporting affiliate partners.
Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle
- Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle to Reagan National Airport (DCA) departs the hotel every 20 minutes on the hour from 4:40am – 12:00am. (Times subject to change.)
- Shuttle picks up at A Terminal (2nd Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location) and B & C Terminal Arrivals, Door 5 and Door 9 (1st Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location).
- One-way to/from Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately $40 to $45.
- One-way to/from Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) is approximately $65 to $70.
- One Way To/From Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately $29.
- One Way To/From Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) is approximately $48.