Named after AMSA Executive Director Emeritus Paul R Wright, this annual honor is awarded to chapters that have promoted AMSA’s mission of inspiring future physicians through local events, innovative programming, leadership development or calls to action. Additionally, the emphasis of this award is chapter commitment to improving member solidarity by increasing awareness, recruitment, and involvement in their chapters.
Nominees will be evaluated on the quality/creativity of programs at the local level and their growth throughout the year. To properly reflect the diversity of AMSA chapters, this year’s award will have multiple chapter recipients including awarding small and large; premedical, medical and international chapters.
We hope you will join us at AMSA’s National Convention in Washington, DC, February 26 - March 1, 2015 as we announce the winner/s of this award.
- Any AMSA premedical, medical or international chartered chapter.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations close in November 30, 2014.
- Any AMSA premedical, medical or international chartered chapter may self-nominate through the online nominations form.
- Six chapters will be selected: 2 medical chapters (small and large); 2 premedical chapters (small and large); and, 2 international chapters (small and large).
Presentation & Award
- Awards will be presented at the 2015 AMSA National Convention at the Keynote Session on Friday, February 27, 2015.
- Each large chapter award recipient will receive four (4) complimentary registrations to the AMSA National Convention.
- Each small chapter award recipient will receive two (2) complimentary registrations to the AMSA National Convention.
- Award recipients will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and Facebook page.
The selection committee for the Paul R. Wright Chapter Success Award will be comprised of the AMSA Vice-President for Membership, AMSA International Trustee, AMSA Premedical Trustee and AMSA Staff.