National Golden Apple Award For
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2014
Showcasing national excellence in academic medicine
Since 1996, the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence has highlighted medical school professors that deserve international notoriety due to their improvements or advancements in medical education. National award nominees are automatically nominated as previous Golden Apple Award winners and are selected on their national impact on the field of academic medicine.
We hope you will join us at AMSA’s National Convention in Washington, DC, February 26 - March 1, 2015 as we announce the winner of this award.
- Only recipients of the Local Golden Apple Award are eligible to receive the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Any nominations for the Local Golden Apple Award received from August 1, 2014 - November 30, 2014 will be automatically eligible for the National Golden Apple Award.
- The selection committee for the National award will be comprised of the AMSA National President, AMSA Vice-President of Leadership Development, AMSA Fellows and AMSA Staff.
Presentation & Award
- Awards will be presented at the 2015 AMSA National Convention at the Keynote Session on Saturday, February 28, 2015.
- Award recipient will be recognized and presented with the Golden Apple trophy.
- Award recipient will receive one complimentary registration to the AMSA National Convention.
- Award recipient will receive a two-night complimentary hotel stay at the Convention hotel and a $100 travel allowance.
- Award recipient will be highlighted in The New Physician (TNP) as well as on AMSA’s website and Facebook page.