Local Golden Apple Award For Teaching Excellence
Local Golden Apple Award Winners are automatically nominated for the national award - To be considered for the national award - submissions must be received by November 30, 2014, 11:59pm EST
Highlighting excellence in education at the chapter level
Since 1996, the Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence has highlighted medical school professors that are committed to the advancement or improvement in medical education. AMSA members are urged to nominate a chapter educator that deserves notoriety for their contributions to field of academic medicine or that has made a significant impact on their personal academic career.
- Any medical school professor who has made a significant impact on medical students’ education.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations for the Local Golden Apple Award are accepted year-round.
- Any AMSA medical student members can submit nominations through the online nominations form.
- You may nominate more than one physician and/or educator.
- Any nominations received from August 1, 2014 - November 30, 2014 will be automatically eligible for the National Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence.
Presentation & Award
AMSA will send a personalized award to the nominating student of the professor winning the award so they may present during an AMSA meeting, special event or in the classroom.