Community & Public Health
Collaborative Activism Towards the Promotion of
Health! Education, Policy, Action
Join us in improving public health education at your school and advancing the health of your community through policy action. The Community and Public Health Action Committee is dedicated to:
- Engaging premedical and medical students to educate their schools and communities about important public health issues.
- Empowering future physicians with knowledge about social determinants of health and environmental factors.
- Encouraging chapters to develop and execute local programming to promote primary care.
Healthy People 2020
Healthy People 2020 provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans. For 3 decades, Healthy People has established benchmarks & monitored progress over time to:
- Encourage collaborations across sectors.
- Guide individuals toward making informed health decisions.
- Measure the impact of prevention activities.
New topics introduced in 2020:
- Adolescent Health
- Blood Disorders and Blood Safety
- Dementias, including Alzheimer‟s Disease
- Early and Middle Childhood
- Global Health
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Health
- Older Adults
- Sleep Health
- Social Determinants of Health